Thursday 9 August 2007

So I bought one

In the beginning.....
A few weeks ago I saw a friend of mine flying a two channel twin rotor helicopter. Upon inquiring he told me that he got it from a website for only 20 quid. I rushed back to my PC and ordered one straight away.
The idea was to try out RC helis and check if I get a hang of it.
I loved that heli, it was very stable and flew very nice for the first few flights. The only issue was lack of control. It was a 2 CH helicopter and its capabilities were limited. Later on the performance degraded as I crashed it a couple of times. The most annoying bit was the battery. The charging time was 4 hours but you only get 5-8 minutes of flight time from that battery. Eventually after flying it for a week I retired it.
Next step was to buy a proper RC Helicopter which can fly "in all directions".

4CH or 6CH
One of the toughest choices I have made. I narrowed my search to an ESky Honey Bee helicopter but was not sure if I should go for a 4CH fixed Pitch Honey Bee or the more advanced 6CH CP2. After a lot of thinking and reading hundreds of posts on the heliguy forum (www.heliguy.com/forum), I decided to go for the difficult route and bought a Hobey Bee CP2 6CH helicopter.

No comments: