Tuesday 14 August 2007

Second Crash, More Repairs

After changing the rotor blades I decided to give it another go. This time the plan was to get the heli to atleast 2 feet as quickly as possible.
After initial trim adjustments I flew the heli. It got upto 3 feet and then suddenly tilted towards right. I tried to compensate but crashed the helicopter.
Damaged parts included skids, training kit and rotor head.
















I ordered the parts on Friday and received them on Monday. This time I went for the extreme skids, hopefully they are strong enough to sustain the crashes.

I installed the skids last night and and will replace the rotor head tonight.

I have also ordered RealFlight G3 simulator. Apparently this is the most realistic simulator in the market. Will tell you more about it after I have tried it.

The plan now is to spend the next week following Radds manual of rotary flight. Then spend some time on the simulator before trying the helicopter.

No comments: